Read the article on 3 Quarks Daily on the life and works of the brilliant Belgian painter, James Ensor.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Dr. Linus Wagner: Everything you told me is total fiction, isn't it?.
Patrick Jane: Yes
Dr. Linus Wagner: Why? I can tell you're in real pain. Why not tell the truth?
Patrick Jane: The truth is mine.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Me: Uncomfy? Umm. Not unusually. Anything happen?
Aati: Not really. Actually things have been pretty good.
Me: I have been kind of good too, lately.
Aati: Haha! It's funny when life gives us nothing to complain about :P
Sunday, July 19, 2009
"Perhaps the essence of the Liberal outlook could be summed up in a new decalogue, not intended to replace the old one but only to supplement it. The Ten Commandments that, as a teacher, I should wish to promulgate, might be set forth as follows:
1. Do not feel absolutely certain of anything.
2. Do not think it worth while to proceed by concealing evidence, for the evidence is sure to come to light.
3. Never try to discourage thinking for you are sure to succeed.
4. When you meet with opposition, even if it should be from your husband or your children, endeavor to overcome it by argument and not by authority, for a victory dependent upon authority is unreal and illusory.
5. Have no respect for the authority of others, for there are always contrary authorities to be found.
6. Do not use power to suppress opinions you think pernicious, for if you do the opinions will suppress you.
7. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
8. Find more pleasure in intelligent dissent than in passive agreement, for, if you value intelligence as you should, the former implies a deeper agreement than the latter.
9. Be scrupulously truthful, even if the truth is inconvenient, for it is more inconvenient when you try to conceal it.
10. Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool's paradise, for only a fool will think that it is happiness."
- Never obey anyone's command unless it is coming from within you also.
- There is no God other than life itself.
- Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.
- Love is prayer.
- To become a nothingness is the door to truth. Nothingness itself is the means, the goal and attainment.
- Life is now and here.
- Live wakefully.
- Do not swim – float.
- Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.
- Do not search. That which is, is. Stop and see.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Saturday, July 11, 2009
"For what to happen? "
"I know at some point, something I tell you or something you see is going to be too much. And then you'll run away from me, screaming as you go. I won't stop you. I want this to happen, because i want you to be safe. And yet I want to be with you. The two desires are impossible to reconcile..."
Twilight (the novel)
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Let's see the options:
1) Maybe there is some hidden purpose/reason that we are not aware of underneath the events that take place in our life.
2) Maybe the universe just doesn't care. Life is meaningless, brutal, and indifferent.
3) It is the fault of the society. It's the people around us that make life hard for us.
4) It is the individual's fault. One aims and desires for things that are out of one's reach and capability
Option 3 and 4 can easily co-exist. Are option 1 and 2 compatible? Not apparently, but maybe so. Maybe the so-called 'higher force' of the universe is in a delirious state of consciousness, in which instances of purpose are as intermittent as moments of lucidity in an Alzheimer's patient? Maybe the gods that create the underlying reason beneath the events of our life are subject to a chaotic fate that exists higher than them?
So, possibly, it could be all four options. These were the ones i could think of. If anyone has an option which isn't listed here, please do share.