Kafka on the Shore

More fragments from Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore:

* "As long as there's such a thing as time, everybody's damaged in the end, changed into something else."

* [A prostitute quotes Bergson after giving a blowjob.]
"... man that was good."
"How good?"
"Like there's no past or future anymore."
"The pure present is an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory."

* "... I have something I need to confess, too."
... "We're exchanging secrets, I see."
"Mine isn't a secret. Just a theory."

* I have to understand it, accept it, before it's too late. But I still can't make out that delicate writing left on the shore of my consciousness. There's not enough time between one wave and the next.

* "A bit of shape and form has disappeared from the world, increasing the amount of nothingness."

Comments