God and Chaos

"It's hard to accept the idea that there cannot be an order in the universe because it would offend the free will of God and His omnipotence. So the freedom of God is our condemnation, or at least the condemnation of our pride."

I dared, for the first and last time in my life, to express a theological conclusion: "But how can a necessary being exist totally polluted with the possible? What difference is there, then, between God and primigenial chaos? Isn't affirming God's absolute omnipotence and His absolute freedom with regards to His own choices tantamount to demonstrating that God does not exist?"

Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose

Comments

Alec Lindsay said…
If God exists then primigenial chaos cannot have existed, and vice versa, if primigenial chaos existed then God cannot exist. I wanted to put parentheses in there somewhere but I couldn't decide where :) x
p.s. Did I miss a trap?
madcowdisease said…
Opposites are meant to exist together. Some how they are keeping a balance in universe. I find God in chaos and oder, in beauty and ugliness, in existence and non-existence. They say he is the beginning he is the end, I believe he is neither the beginning nor the end just like a circle.
I just additional th s website to my favorites. I really enjoy studying your posts.Frankly I don’t participate on blogs, but I would like to say that th is guide really convinced me to do so! Congratulations, really great publish.