Settled

"Settled? The word rewound and repeated itself in my head several times. What does that mean anyway? Just someone rich, or someone who gets predictable cash flows at the end of every month. Except parents do not say it that way because then it really sounds like they are trading their daughter to the highest bidder. But in some ways, they are. They do not give a damn about love or feelings or crap like that. 'Show me the money and keep our daughter for the rest of your life.' That is the arrangement in an arranged marriage."

Chetan Bhagat, One night @ the call centre

Comments

Think Tank said…
arey bhai they need 2 know that love isn't the only thing there daughter will survive on
Helio said…
there has to be a certain level of "sustained cash flow" for love to matter.
Abdul Sami said…
aaah... that makes me settled then...

no wonder my parents r on my ****
Gaia said…
too true :P