Like, I Mean, You Know, Right?

Becoming conscious of my increasing use of the words 'like' and 'you know' in conversations, i recalled a hilarious article "Like, I Mean, You Know, Right?" by Roderick Nordell. I'll share a few lines from it:

'If only everyone talked the way we do in my household. I mean… if only everyone… like… talked… you know… the way we do… right? It would be so much… like… easier to… you know… understand… right?

Obviously it is deplorable that these words have taken over the language. But this doesn't mean we should wait forever to recognize them. No, we must face facts and put them in our books:

"Friends, Romans, countrymen... lend me your ears... I mean... I come to bury Caeser... right?... not to... you know... praise him."

Anyone, of course, is welcome to disagree. I mean, like, you know, right?'

Comments

M. Umer Toor said…
Quote: "...it is deplorable that these words have taken over the language."

how true, you know!!
saher said…
:D
It might be deplorable, but well, it just made me laugh!