10 Songs That Helped Me Survive 2008

10 songs that helped me survive 2008... in no particular order:

1) "This is the life" by Amy MacDonald

And you're singing the songs
Thinking this is the life
And you wake up in the morning and your head feels twice the size
Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna sleep tonight?

2) "I really want you" by James Blunt

I really want you to really want me, but I really don't know if you can do that.
I know you want to know what's right but I know it's so hard for you to do that.
And time's running out as often it does, and often dictates that you can't do that.
But fate can't break this feeling inside that's burning up through my veins.
I really want you. I really want you.
I really want you - now.

No matter what I say or do, the message isn't getting through,
And you're listening to the sound of my breaking heart.

3) "Disintegration" by Jimmy Eat World

Wonder why I'm so caught of guard when we kiss.
Rather live my life in regret than do this.
What happened to the love we both knew?
We both chased.
Hanging on a cigarette you need me,
You burn me, you'll burn me.

4) "No Air" by Jordan Sparks ft. Chris Brown

So how do you expect me
To live alone with just me
Cause my world revolves around you
It's so hard for me to breathe

Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air
Can't live, can't breathe with no air
That's how I feel whenever you ain't there
There's no air, no air

5) "Run" by Leona Lewis

I'll sing it one last time for you
Then we really have to go
You've been the only thing that's right
In all I've done
And I can barely look at you
But every single time I do
I know we'll make it anywhere
Away from here

6) "Objects in the Rear View Mirror" by Meat Loaf

She used her body just like a bandage
She used my body just like a wound
I'll probably never know where she disappeared
But I can see her rising up out of the back seat now

And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are
And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are


7) "Who's to Say" by Vanessa Carlton

And who's to say we won't burn it out?
And who's to say we won't sink in doubt?
Who's to say that we won't fade to gray?
Who are they anyway? Anyway they don't know

And you say we're too young, but maybe you're too old to remember
And I try to pretend but I just feel it when we're together
And if you don't believe me, you never really knew us
You never really knew

8) "Sober" by Pink

I don't wanna be the girl who has to fill the silence
The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth
Please don't tell me that we had that conversation
I won't remember, save your breath, 'cos what's the use?

9) "Love Story" by Taylor Swift

Romeo save me, they try to tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, but it's real, Don't be afraid
We'll make it out of this mess
It's a love story, baby just say yes

10) "The Freshmen" by Verve Pipe

For the life of me I cannot remember
What made us think that we were wise and
We'd never compromise
For the life of me i cannot believe
We'd ever die for these sins
We were merely freshman

Comments

Abdul Sami said…
run is actually by snow patrol... !

but leona's version is heavy !