The Ten Most Irritating Phrases

Is there any phrase which agitates your nerves whenever you encounter it? Are you allergic to oft-repeated, cliched or grammatically incorrect expressions? If it is so, then you are not the only one. Researchers at Oxford University have compiled a list of the ten most irritating phrases. Have a look:

The ten most irritating phrases:

1 - At the end of the day
2 - Fairly unique
3 - I personally
4 - At this moment in time
5 - With all due respect
6 - Absolutely
7 - It's a nightmare
8 - Shouldn't of
9 - 24/7
10 - It's not rocket science

Source: Telegraph.co.uk

Comments

F. said…
8, 9, and 10.
The rest I don't find too irritating and (or because?) I use them gleefully guilt-free. :)
Vasudha said…
Oh, I use the sixth one too often.

But #10 is quite irritating, I must admit.
Kunwal said…
i actually love the thought behind no. 10. it implies that not every kind of knowledge is equal and does in fact require different levels of intelligence.

however, most of the people who use this phrase are nowhere near the ability to understand the complexities of (real) rocket science. and that is annoying.
misspecs said…
'Fairly Unique' is my pet hate!
Dur-e-Aziz Amna said…
No 'Yeah right', 'Frankly speaking' or 'Gosh!' !!
I reject the validity of this compilation. :p
hmm interesting...
none of them bother me at all :-)
Tazeen said…
hahaha

i am guilty of using the rocket science one ...

who uses at this moment in time when they can easily use 'now'
M. Umer Toor said…
These are all somewhat trites, that's why probably labeled as irritating.
However, what irritates me smost is: "to be honest." I usually say to such fiendish fellow(s), I never expected from you nothing else...