Objects in the Rear View Mirror

Photo by Principe della Notte on Flickr

Meat Loaf plays over and over
In my car stereo
And i can hear your laughter again

I have lost count of the years
Since we were last together
And yet the softness of your skin
Is fresh on my finger tips
As my eye-lids droop with sleep
Why do they feel the gentle caress of your lips?

She used her body just like a bandage
She used my body just like a wound
I'll probably never know where she disappeared

And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are
And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are

It is raining now
And the wind brings your whispers to my ear
Your soft murmurs of love
Is the mirror foggy?
I can see you
As if painted in oil pastels
The water can't wash you away

She used her body just like a bandage
She used my body just like a wound
I'll probably never know where she disappeared
But I can see her rising up out of the back seat now
Just like an angel rising up from a tomb

And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are
And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are

M. Awais Aftab
(inspired by Meat Loaf's song)

Comments