Depedence and Independence

Dependence and Independence are obviously inversely related; it is stating the manifest. But it doesn't feel so trivial when you test the limits of the two in practice. In a society like ours, you are so dependent on other people, whether you want or not, that any attempt to exercise your own will is like ripping the whole fabric to shreds. And the problem is not that just you are dependent on other people, but that other people are dependent on you too, if not financially, then emotionally and psychologically. And any attempt of independence on your part affects their life too. It becomes a moral dilemma. And for a person who values his independance as much as he values not hurting other people, it becomes a lose-lose situation. Whatever he does, he is going to lose anyway.

Comments

Ayesha said…
Wish it was all that simple as it really seems...
!
Fatima A. A. said…
"Whatever he does, he is going to lose anyway."

Positively suicidal, really.
Anonymous said…
hw u create so much beautiful picture of reality.
whenever i read ur writings,it seems u put my emotions 2 writing which im unable 2 do.
gaya said…
Cant help feeling guilty.
I wish I could do something about it:(
Kishore said…
Very well put.
True, both absolute dependence and absolute independence are conceptual myths.
robertryu said…
oh its very emotinoal awais. really luv it.
Zeenat.A said…
Really - that is so true!! I am kind of like that, I cant let go of my independence but at the same time I often end up in situations where I have to let go of it. Not because I want to but because I am forced to!! Love it!!