Most Expensive Book I've Bought


Today i bought the most expensive book that i have ever bought in my life. I had been thinking about the book for like a month now; it was my dream birthday-gift thing, but it was too expensive for anyone to buy it for me. I was uncertain about it; it seemed kind of odd to pay such an awful lot of money for one book... but then, the book was too irresistible. And i couldn't just shake it off my mind, and even though i knew that a person in my economic condition shouldn't be buying such costly stuff, but in the end, i bought it anyway... cause its certainly a book worth having. As Saad said to me, it's the sort of book that would pass in inheritence to my kids and probably their kids too. So, my coming generations, your grand-daddy just made a valuable addition to your book collection!

Comments

Qasim Aziz said…
How much did it cost?
And from where did u buy it?(Readings or variety BOOKSHOP)
misspecs said…
Yeah, that is what i wanna know too... how much did it cost? ;)

Actually, your friend Saad is right... for a book lover, buying an expensive book is like building an inheritance for his children. Never mind the cost... hope its worth the dough you doled out.

Happy reading.
Kunwal said…
On Amazon it s not so expensive. You could have told me, I would have gotten it for you. And I think from the U.S. it s even cheaper. I m telling you for the future. :)
Awais said…
I bought it for Rs 1550 from Variety Books :)

@ Kunwal

Well, if u convert those dollars into Rupees, its still more than what i paid. But i suppose its cheaper for you in Dollars :)
Awais said…
This would be an interesting chance for the readers to share what is the most expensive book they have bought. :) I'd love to know what is yours.
Kunwal said…
my most expensive books were some that i needed for my studies. price around 70-80 euro or so.
misspecs said…
The most expensive one i ever bought was 'Fundamentals of Corporate Finance' by Ross, Westerfield, Jordan.

It was Rs.2750 and I am so glad i bought the original... it was so awesome, like you'd be pulled into reading the next page. I think one of the reasons i love finance is that THAT was the book that introduced me to it. I hate to think what woulda happened had i bought a pirated version instead!!
Saad Javed said…
Awais, your friend Saad is always right.
:)
Kishore said…
Well, I'd've thought medical books cost a lot. Like Harrison's Internal Medicine, which is the most expensive I've ever bought (unless I'm forgetting something)..
Apollo said…
wow ... never figured u'd buy that book so soon lol. though definitely a book worthing keeping!
Awais said…
@ Apollo

Thanks. Do i know you?