The Lovers


'The Lovers' by René Magritte. A painting that left me speechless!

Comments

misspecs said…
Very thought provoking... and pretty representative of what we think of love in Pakistan.

Makes you wonder about the Yiddish Proverb: "Three things can't be hidden: coughing, poverty, and love."

I think its a beautiful representation of being in love, yet being forced to hide it... from the world...not from each other!
Awais said…
@ Specs

You said it all :) Thank u.
Can I borrow Salman Rushdi's The Midnight's Children?
Awais said…
And how am i supposed to lend it to u if i don't know who u are? :P
Email me.
Another friend has it, btw. I don't know when i'll get it back.
Dur-e-Aziz Amna said…
'and pretty representative of what we think of love in Pakistan. '
There's a sweeping statement there. :)
Awais said…
@ Dure

I think it is true for a large majority of cases. At least, my experience tells me so.
Qasim Aziz said…
Lahula wala quwat,
Astaghfirullah!:P