Summer Love

Summer Love
By Muhammad Awais Aftab

With a touch of hand, a flick of eyes
You took my heart, my mind
My body, my soul
You said our love's vesper bell would never toll
But it lasted just a summer

The autumn wind, so fit for love
Would have welcomed us on the orange path
As we walked among trees, grand and tall
You said it would never fall
But it lasted just a summer

I had looked forward to winter nights
When our sighs would freeze in air
And love would keep us warm
You said it would never lose its charm
But it lasted just a summer

The spring rose would have longed for me
To pluck it up
And place it in your hair
You said it would never wear
But it lasted just a summer

It was in treacherous heat
We met, we shared
We loved, we burnt
Now my broken heart would never mend
You said it would never end
But it lasted just a summer

[Published in Us Magazine today]

Comments

gaya said…
Beautiful!:)
It is really beautiful, beside sending some lines to the Us magazine, but i am a fan of you and enjoy reading your poetry,

Good luck
Ahmed Waheed Sarmed
www.wsarmed.blogfa.com
Awais said…
@ Ahmed

Thank u so much! :)
Vasudha said…
Wonderful poem! I like your style, and your choice of words. :)
Michael_Garcia said…
ah yes...

the summer's love. Those short three months never go away at heart.