The Painted Veil

* Walter Fane: I knew when I married you that you were selfish and spoiled. But I loved you. I knew you only married me to get as far away from your mother as possible. And I hoped that one day... there'd be something more. I was wrong. You don't have it in you.

Kitty Fane: If a man hasn't what's necessary to make a woman love him then it's his fault not hers... I married you even though I didn't love you. But you knew that. Aren't you as much to blame for what's happened as I?

* Mother Superior: "I fell in love when I was 17… with God. A foolish girl with romantic notions about the life of a religious, but my love was passionate. Over the years my feelings have changed. He’s disappointed me. Ignored me. We’ve settled into a life of peaceful indifference. The old husband and wife who sit side by side on the sofa, but rarely speak. He knows I’ll never leave Him. This is my duty. But when love and duty are one, then grace is within you."

The Painted Veil

Comments

@ish said…
If a man hasn't what's necessary to make a woman love him then it's his fault not hers...
oh hang on mrs walter..how come its his fault..if u kno tht he wont make himself loved by u thn why u marry him in the frst place.........

nyway..i dont thnk its his fault at all.......it could be lady's fault as well tht he want her to luv him ......'
@ish said…
The old husband and wife who sit side by side on the sofa, but rarely speak. He knows I’ll never leave Him. This is my duty. But when love and duty are one, then grace is within you."


thts wot we see in some parts of our own socity dont we.............alas but yes.......husbands knew tht there wife wont leave thm nd they cant do anything ...so they advantage of it and play two way.........dont they/