A very sweet, special day!

This is what my best friend Saad Javed gave to me as a birthday note, and that is surely the most special thing of today.

A very sweet, special day!

If people were jewels, Awais, you would be a ruby; not because it is red and brilliant but because it is the stone of passion and lyrical energy; the things your aura embrace so perfectly.

If people were flowers, Awais, you would be a primrose, not because it is a 'rose' but because voodoo witchdoctors would use it as a wound-healer, an ointment and a painkiller. This is exactly what you have been to me.

If people were edible, Awais, I know you would make a delightful lean meat steak. Not 'well-done', nor done 'medium'; rather a 'rare'... juicy, satisfying and divine.

But jewels, I cannot afford; flowers wilt and food goes stale. But i have my very special gem, my garland, my gourmet... I have you.

So look out, Awais. It might be raining. Not because it is Monsoon but because it is a very sweet, special day and it might be raining honey... Luv!

Saad Javed
08/08/07

Thanks honey, and yeah, it did rain! :)

Comments

that is really sweet of your friend.
Hold on to such people. They really are rare! :)
SP said…
Awais ..Wish you a very very Happy Birthday
Awais said…
Thank you so much.

Yes, such people are very rare. :)
@ish said…
this letter reminded of my innocnt frnd who did smthng similar to me on my bday..but later on smthng tragic happnd to her nd she is not wid me anymore ;(....nd now after reading it i want to cry out for her........buddy keep ur frnd close to u becauz this harsh world is so evil ..it spread its darkness upon evryone but ,careful ppl can run awy frm it.......so hold him tightly.........cuz now i wish if i culd...
F. said…
"If people were jewels, Awais, you would be a ruby; not because it is red and brilliant but because it is the stone of passion and lyrical energy; the things your aura embrace so perfectly."

!