Certainty and Uncertainty

"I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for the truth; and truth rewarded me."
Simone de Beauvoir, All Said and Done

My sentiments exactly! There is a certain joy and satisfaction in living in this harsh world of uncertainty. Like the warriors of previous times who preferred to live in tough, challenging situations of war and conflict rather than the peace of home, i too have become an addict of the wars of philosophy. The comfort zone of certainty makes me restless, and i long for the tumultuous philosophical agitations.

Comments

SP said…
I think that only a person who is more 'accepting' and has less 'expectations' can enjoy the uncertainities of life ...

Its probably a different aspect that if you choose to swim with the flow or against it..